Thursday, December 30, 2010
Monday, December 27, 2010
Saturday, December 25, 2010
Thursday, December 16, 2010
Thursday, December 9, 2010
Monday, December 6, 2010
Sunday, November 28, 2010
Monday, November 22, 2010
National Unfriend Day on Facebook. (It was November 17) This is where you delete friends that you never talk to, aren't ever your friends, or is just posting a status update every five seconds. Just because you know them, doesn't exactly mean they're your friend and you should be there friend on Facebook.
Sunday, November 21, 2010
Thursday, November 18, 2010
One last thing, I was reading Vals, post about the Unfriend day. I had seen things about it on Facebook, but I didn't know what it was about. So I watched the video, and this morning, I had 407 friends, and now I have 323. I deleted over 80 people. I was a little scared to, because "what if they got mad" or something, but I realized I only deleted people I never talk to. I started to delete a lot of people I follow for gossip, and just realized I didn't need their feeds filling up my computer.
Sunday, November 14, 2010
Wednesday, November 3, 2010
Wednesday, October 27, 2010
Dr. Olweus defined teacher bullying in this research as: "teachers using degrading negative comments openly about a student or students."
After screening responses, his research (done in the mid- 1990s) found that 11-12% of students reported bullying by peers, while 1.5-2% reported bullying by teachers, with the numbers reporting teacher bullying increasing as students got older.
Here is my story.
I'm taking an English class and at the beginning of the year I really loved it. The people were a lot of fun, and the teacher was pretty cool. He likes to state his opinion, which is okay, but he does it in the way where he is right, and your opinion isn't even an option...Just keep your mouth shut. Now as the year has progress at this time, I have not missed one class. I was a great student. I turned in everything, answered questions in class, when he asked me about my personal life in class I told him things.
I missed class one day because I was just tired, but I brought in my homework the next day. I have missed a total of about 3 classes this year. Not to bad, when everyone else misses...5...6...7...but thats their problem.
One day I was sitting there, wearing a hoodie. In the front pocket was my cell phone and keys. I was texting Broc, and my teacher said,
"Put your cell phone away."
So I did, because he asked me too. I didn't text anymore. I put it in my hoodie pocket, along with my hands.
He was lecturing...and lecturing. I was getting bored, so I was twirling my phone in my pocket. I happen to be looking down...(and I guess it looked like I was texting)
"I said put it away"
"Im not doing anything." and I lifted my hands up.
By this time I had taken the back off my phone just to mess with it..because (ADD...I can't sit still..ask anyone)
He looks at me a little later (and I am paying attention, taking notes and everything)
"Your still texting"
I lifted my hands and showed him the back of my phone
"Well stop its distracting me."
I just keep my mouth shut and find something else to do with my hands.
It was not even distracting, because no one else knew what was going on.
Well about a week goes by.
Yesterday I miss class because I had a DR. appointment.
I get in today- and everyone is looking at me.
(I know the teacher had said something about me when I missed.) (How do I know? Because when other people are gone, he does the same thing)
He tells us to turn in all late work, and I said
"Do you want the homework due today? "
"I said all late work"
"I know, but the homework due today"
I am taking notes, answering questions, and just trying to act like nothing happened last week. I look at the clock to see what time it is, because no way I am pulling my cell phone out.
He looks at me and ask what do you have written down.
I tell him I only have one. Because I'm still thinking (Were supposed to have three) And I read it to him, he said
"Well stop looking at the clock, and start writing"
"I will, but I'm thinking"
Class is almost up by now.
"You need to stop worrying about the clock, and what time it is pay attention"
The whole class, I am the only one he has used the tone with.
I start to ask him a question about what we just went over and....I get ignored because
By this time, they are all talking about Jersey Shore...(appropriate for class?)
I raise my hand.
And ask him if what we just went over is due next class
He responds to me like I'm stupid, loud, and embarrassing.
"WE ARE TAKING A TEST, AND THEN THAT IS WHAT WE ARE GOING OVER."
I leave class after because it is time to go, and just wanting to cry. Why me? Why pick on me? I'm a good student, but how did I get on your bad side?
I know this isn't huge, but it hurts. If he keeps going, I will say something to him in Private. It's just not right. There are more cases going on that are more important, and more hurtful, but it starts small.
Tuesday, October 26, 2010
This is from some of the girls in my ward who also blog. They did some tag thing which basically means I do the survey and pass it on type of business. Never did one before so I thought, "Why not...." So, here goes nothing.....
- Where did you meet your husband? I sat next to him in church one day, and then I started to stalk him on facebook, and got the courage to add him.. so facebook? ha then i invited him to go boxing, and then we went to dennys..fell in love..blah blah blah! ha
- How long did you date before you got married? 6 months
- How long have you been married? 6 months just about
- What does he do to surprise you? Call me up and say drop what you doing, pick out a movie. I got dinner.
- What is your favorite feature of his? I love hit butt its so cute.
- What is your favorite quality? He is honest...do I look fat? No...you have just gained weight, but your not fat
- Does he have a nickname for you? babe lol and booger
- What is his favorite food? Mexican I would say!
- What is his favorite sport? He loves watching football, and basketball. and loves playing bball
- When and where did you first kiss? I kissed him, right out side my dorm room.
- What is your favorite thing to do as a couple? cuddle and go to the movies
- Do you have children? Not yet...... I want one, two, three...ten ha
- Does he have any hidden talents? He can speak spanish
- How old is he? 22
- Who said I love you first? He did.
- What is his favorite music? the good ole classic rock
- What do you admire most about him? He always puts our marriage first. and he is just so dang cute
- What is his favorite color? blue
- Will he read this? Probably not.....
- People I tag? Tag? idk.