Thursday, September 6, 2012

First week of parenthood

This time last week, Lexi was brand spanking new! Emotions were all over the place and Broc and I were the happiest we had ever been. Our little girl was finally here! What a joy and blessing she is! I can't believe how much I love her! I love everything about her! Especially her cute faces! There has been some tough times over the first week but that's to be expected.
She is a pretty good sleeper so far. She only wakes up a few times. Although, last night she took an hour to eat 2 ounces! I was so tired! Then 20 minutes later she was ready for more! Talk about a little porker! Our first day out of the hospital our first stop was Walmart. We shortly realized we needed things that we didn't have for her! That was trip one. In the last week we have made about 4 more trips! We already ran out of diapers and wipes! It's all to be expected!
So far, Lexi is a pretty good baby! She sleeps, eats, poops, burps, and hardly cries! She does however cry at bath time! Soon she will love it...I hope! Here are some cute pictures of her first week with us!

It is still weird to me that I am a mother. I am responsible for raising and teaching this child. Talk about pressure! One night, Broc and I were laying in bed talking and our conversation was about how everything revolves around little Lexi now. Shes so perfect and pure. As Broc said the other day, "she was just with Heavenly Father."
How true. I am so grateful that he chose us to raise one of his children.
What a wonderful week it has been!

No comments:

Post a Comment