Monday, January 26, 2015

Murphy's Law: Mom Edition

Seriously?
That's what I ask my self when I become a victim of Murphy's Law: Mom Edition
Murphy's Law. Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong.
The  correct, original Murphy's Law reads: "If there are two or more ways to do something, and one of those ways can result in a catastrophe, then someone will do it."

Tonight, as I'm getting my infant daughter some medicine for her stomach ache and trying to be really quiet as she is still swaddled in my arms asleep but screaming...( don't get how, but she was) I reach up and grab the medicine box... All is well. 
Then it slips. And I mumble... "Seriously!"

Or like the time my other daughter fell asleep in the car and I get her out and as soon as I do a car drives by honking their horn. 
"Seriously!!"

Or when you finally get the baby to sleep and you snuggle in bed and roll over to close your eyes and then... "Wah wah wah!"

Or when you give them a good bath and they decide to poop right after. 

Or when they decide to take an extra long nap when you need to leave the house early.

Or when I want to take a nap my baby will only sleep 30 minutes, but if I decide I want to stay up she will sleep two hours.

Or when my husband is out of town and both kids wake up at the same time screaming and they both need me.

Or when my toddler is almost asleep and my 7 month old wakes up screaming.

Or when I'm trying to focus or do something important they NEED my attention. 

This one is an all time "favorite.."
My baby can be dead asleep after I lay her town and as soon as I think about leaving she stirs and begins to wake up. My baby will be dead asleep and as long as I'm standing over her crib she is fine but as soon as I get to the door, she wakes up. How do they know?!

This is when I scream, "SERIOUSLY!!"
I think you get the point. Motherhood wouldn't be motherhood with out these moments I guess. There are a million ways that something will go wrong.
And 99% of the time, it will go horribly wrong. 

No comments:

Post a Comment